The State Water Resources Control Board Waste Discharge Requirements (WDR) Orders No. 2006-0003-DWQ and WQ 2008-0002-EXEC require the South San Luis Obispo County Sanitation District (District) to maintain a Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP). The SSMP describes the operations and maintenance of the District’s trunk sewer.
SSMP – Revision 0 was written and approved by the District Board of Directors July 15, 2009. Since maintenance programs can alter and develop over time, the WDR Orders require the District to update the SSMP as changes are made and audit the SSMP every two years. The SSMP was revised in May 2011, and SSMP – Revision 1 was audited in July and August 2011. SSMP – Revision 2, which was completed in October 2011, includes the required and recommended updates identified in the 2011 SSMP Audit.
The WDR Orders requiring the SSMP, the current SSMP (Revision 2), and the archived SSMPs, which are no longer in effect, are available below.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the SSMP and how it is utilized by the District, please contact the District using the “Contact Us” page.
Sewer System Management Plan – Revision 2
- Element 4: Operation and Maintenenace Program
- Element 10: SSMP Program Audits
- Element 5: Design and Performance Provisions
- Element 11: Communication Program
- Element 1: Goal
- Element 7: FOG Control Program
- Element 2: Organization
- Element 8: System Evaluation and Capacity Assurance Plan
- Element 3: Legal Authority
- Element 9: Monitoring, Measurement, and Program Modifications